Starting January 2018, AYCD Foundation will be providing bursaries. Currently we will ONLY provide bursaries for studies at University of South Africa (UNISA)
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED!!!!
- Will be in their 1st year of study in 2018
- A minimum of 55% average for Matric or end of year results (Life Orientation is not considered).
- With a gross family income of less than R25 000 per month.
- Age 35 years or under on 30 September 2017
- NB: We do not fund part-time, distance learning or students studying at FET colleges.
The AYCD Foundation bursary is partial bursary that covers a percentage of tuition fees. We do not give allowances for living expenses, books, residence, meals or transport and covers up 75% of the student’s tuition fees to a maximum of R 28 000. Please note that we do not pay for repeat years of study or repeat modules.
We do not require bursary recipients to repay their bursaries (except in special circumstances), but we do expect them to give back by engaging with community projects and reporting back to the AYCD Foundation, e.g.: tutoring programmes, mentoring programmes, volunteering at old age homes, creches, etc. Please note that the giving of false / inaccurate information will result in immediate withdrawal of the bursary.
Download a copy of My Bursary Handbook Via Buffelshoek Trust to understand all you need to enrol in the right tertiary institution and choose the right career path for you!